Roast House is about relationships – with the farmers who grow the beans, the retailers and restaurants that serve it, the coffee lovers who consume it, and our local community. We spend time every week working within our community, supporting nonprofits and coffee partners, whether by serving free coffee or physically getting down and doing the work that needs to be done. Giving back to the community that sustains us is one of our core values.
As commuter cyclists, we support community biking events with a passion. We typically are at the warehouse, before most of the event cyclists are awake, loading our rig(s) with our fresh roasted Ride the Edge, coffee brewing equipment, cambros, tent, tables, 20-50 gallons filtered bottle water, ice chests, ice, compostable cups and gallons and gallons of cold brewed ‘iced’ coffee!
We sponsor and promote the following events because they embrace the same values and ethics we built our business on. We supply the Fuel to Support their Human Powered Pursuits!
- Spokefest - is all about celebrating the joy of cycling, the beauty of Spokane, healthy lifestyles and the environment
- 8-Lakes Bike Race - non profit raising funds to benefit the Sexual Assault & Family Trauma (SAFeT) Response Center
- Summer Parkways - opens up city streets to bikes, pedestrians, skaters, and other human-powered transportation to promote recreation, fitness, and community
- Spokane Bikes - is part of a nationwide event encouraging bike commuting, challenges participants to take trips they would usually take by car on a bicycle instead
- Cyclecelebration - offers a day with family and friends enjoying the scenic beauty in and around Spokane Valley by bike.
We feature our organic, shade grown, FairTrade Ride the Edge coffee blend created in honor of Dave Moffitt and his Ride the Edge Races. Moffitt was a pioneer of the mountain bike culture in Spokane. He died when a truck crossing the racecourse hit him.
My former business partner and friend, Dave Rier, worked with Moffitt bushwhacking through scrubland and forests creating the race courses during the ’90s. As Dave and I dreamed of creating our boutique coffee-roasting house, the creation of a coffee in honor of Moffitt was a priority. With the help and taste buds of a group of dedicated cyclists, we worked for months roasting, cupping, and blending a series of coffees until we all agreed that we had found the perfect coffees to create our Ride the Edge blend — which sports a dreadlocked, bike-riding skeleton label - but, she is another story.
You can get this incredible coffee at these locations or pop into our warehouse and we’ll make you a complimentary cup!