We asked Aaron what his go-to cold brew recipe is at home and he came up with TWO:
First recipe creates a concentrate that can be diluted with either milk or water:
1. Take 1 pound of coarse ground Roast House Coffee (of course)- I really love to use Ride The Edge for cold brew at home.
2. Pour it into a glass container or pick up a handy Toddy Brewer System from us at the Tasting Room.
3. Slowly add 1 gallon of cold, filtered water
4. Stir until all grounds are nice and wet (dry pockets of coffee make for a weak brew)
5. Leave it on your counter to brew for 24 hours, strain through a metal or paper filter, and store in your fridge for up to 3 weeks.
6. Blend with milk or water to taste- equal parts does the trick quite nicely.
Second recipe is ready to drink:
1.Take 1 pound of coarse ground Roast House Coffee- Ethiopia Mormora is my favorite to brew with this method.
2. Pour it into a large container (enough to fit about 2 gallons)
3. Bring 1/2 gallon of filtered water to a boil and slowly pour over your coffee, stir until all grounds are nice and wet.
4. Wait 2 minutes.
5. Add 1 gallon of cold, filtered water to the mixture.
5. Leave it on your counter to brew overnight, strain through a metal or paper filter, and store in your fridge for up to 3 weeks- it won't last longer than that.
6. This is a ready-to-drink concoction and is perfect over ice!
We love cold brew so much, we want to give you 15% OFF our Ethiopia Mormora or Ride The Edge for the rest of summer!
USE CODE: KEEPITCHILL