We asked Aaron what his go-to cold brew recipe is at home and he came up with TWO:
First recipe creates a concentrate that can be diluted with either milk or water:
1. Take 1 pound of coarse ground Roast House Coffee (of course)- I really love to use Ride The Edge
for cold brew at home.
2. Pour it into a glass container or pick up a handy Toddy Brewer System
from us at the Tasting Room.
3. Slowly add 1 gallon of cold, filtered water
4. Stir until all grounds are nice and wet (dry pockets of coffee make for a weak brew)
5. Leave it on your counter to brew for 24 hours, strain through a metal or paper filter, and store in your fridge for up to 3 weeks.
6. Blend with milk or water to taste- equal parts does the trick quite nicely.
Second recipe is ready to drink:
1.Take 1 pound of coarse ground Roast House Coffee- Ethiopia Mormora
is my favorite to brew with this method.
2. Pour it into a large container (enough to fit about 2 gallons)
3. Bring 1/2 gallon of filtered water to a boil and slowly pour over your coffee, stir until all grounds are nice and wet.
4. Wait 2 minutes.
5. Add 1 gallon of cold, filtered water to the mixture.
5. Leave it on your counter to brew overnight, strain through a metal or paper filter, and store in your fridge for up to 3 weeks- it won't last longer than that.
6. This is a ready-to-drink concoction and is perfect over ice!
We love cold brew so much, we want to give you 15% OFF our Ethiopia Mormora or Ride The Edge for the rest of summer!
USE CODE: KEEPITCHILL
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
After a day of tasting countless coffees to ensure your cup is always top notch, we often find ourselves needing a lil' break during the day to avoid all those fun anxiety attacks. Back in 2015, Deb would brew up a concentrate of Hibiscus tea and cut it with soda water during the summer to stay cool- that quickly became a roastery staple. Plus, Hibiscus tea is bright, colorful, and free of any caffeine- a perfect afternoon or evening beverage.
Café De Americas is one of our most popular blends due to its well rounded, delicious body and flavor. In our first few months of business, Deb had an obsession with creating a blend that teleported her back to Italy. We blended and tried a variety of coffees, hoping to achieve the rich flavor you would get while walking around Italy, sipping on some espresso.